Continuing Education Registration
How to Register
WestShore Centre for Learning & Training (WCLT)
814 Goldstream Avenue, in downtown Langford at Peatt Road.
Pay by cash, cheque, Mastercard, Visa or Interac.
250-391-9002 Pay by Mastercard or Visa.
250-391-9007 Pay by Mastercard or Visa.
WestShore Centre mailing address: WestShore Centre for Learning & Training,
#101 - 814 Goldstream Ave., Victoria, BC, V9B 2X7
Pay by Mastercard, Visa or cheque.
Make cheques payable to:
School District #62 (Sooke)
Post-dated cheques must be dated and received a minimum of 5 days prior to the start date of the program. A service charge will be applied to N.S.F. cheques.
Payment of all course and registration fees (or confirmation of payment from an appropriate agency) is required before you can be registered in a course.
Student Responsibilities & Policies
Course Changes or cancellations
We are sometimes forced to cancel a course if there is insufficient enrollment. The decision to cancel a course is usually made two to five days prior to the course start date. We try our best to contact you by phone or message if a course is cancelled, however, we recommend you contact our office two days prior to verify the course start, if you cannot be reached. Full refunds will be processed if the course is cancelled.
When a course is cancelled or changed, WCLT will provide you with alternate learning options for that course. Where the options are not suitable to your needs, WCLT will provide you with a full refund. If you find you are enrolled in the wrong course, speak to your assigned teacher for that course. In consultation with your teacher, if you decide to change your course, please contact the WestShore Centre registration office. If you do not update your registration information with the front office, you will not be registered in that course.
Course Withdrawals & Refunds
Non-attendance does not constitute withdrawal from a course. Students must notify the WestShore Centre office of a course withdrawal, in person, by phone or in writing. Students who notify the WestShore Centre office of withdrawal after the first week of classes will be refunded as per the Refund Policy.
(1) Written notice must be provided:
(a) By a student to the institution when the student withdraws,
(b) By the institution to the student where the institution dismisses a student.
Where total fees have not yet been collected, WCLT is not responsible for refunding more than has been collected to date.
If written notice of course withdrawal by the student or dismissal by WCLT, is received:
There will be no refund after 30% of the course has been completed. Refunds will take 3 to 4 weeks to be processed and mailed.
- after the contract is made and up to seven (7) calendar days before the course start date, WCLT will refund the full course fee.
- seven (7) calendar days or less BEFORE the course start date, WCLT may retain 10% of the total fees up to $100;
- within the first 10% of the course duration AFTER the start date, WCLT will retain 30% of the fees;
- within the first 30% of the course duration AFTER the start date, WCLT will retain 50% of the fees.
Attendance is the single most important factor related to success in school. If you have problems attending a class, please contact your teacher. We are aware that adults have many demands on their time. If an honest attempt is made to make up missed assignments, we will try our best to accommodate you. Many courses require regular attendance and failure to attend will affect your final mark.
Many different groups and individuals share our facilities. Every effort should be made to maintain an adult learning atmosphere. All students are expected to exhibit appropriate behaviour and respect towards school staff. Anyone demonstrating disrespectful behaviour or conversation will be asked to leave the premises. Also, anyone suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol on school district premises will be asked to leave.
At WCLT, we respect the academic integrity of all students. As such, plagiarism (using someone’s work as if it were your own) cannot be tolerated. Plagiarism is using others' ideas and words without clearly acknowledging the source of that information. Check with your instructor for proper techniques for citations and attribution if you have any doubts. Any assignment that has been plagiarized will receive a zero grade, without the possibility of redoing the assignment.
Food and Beverage Policy
Food and drink are not permitted in any of the computer labs. Students may use the student lounge areas when consuming food or drinks. There is a microwave available as well as drink and confection machines at our WestShore Centre and Annex sites.
Please keep our learning environment clean. Clean up after yourself.
All schools and their properties in the Sooke School District are NON SMOKING environments. Smoking is not permitted on the grounds, including around the WestShore Centre for Learning & Training building or the Annex.
Student Dispute Resolution Policy
Disputes that cannot be resolved between instructor and student or system complaints (registration, scheduling) are referred to the Principal. Individuals should always try to resolve issues informally, by first discussing concerns with the instructor or individual involved. If a more formal approach becomes necessary, WestShore Centre for Learning & Training provides the following fair and reasonable procedure for resolution:
- If appropriate, parties in the dispute are asked to file a written submission to the Principal. The complaint must be made within 6 months of the date of the contravention. All complaints will be treated in a confidential manner.
- The Principal, or designate, will respond verbally or in writing within five working days of receiving the written complaint.
- If appropriate, or on request of either party, a meeting (jointly or separately) will be arranged between the Principal, or designate, and the party(s), within ten working days of receiving the written complaint.
- If a resolution has not been achieved in Section (b) or (c), the Principal, or designate, will, within ten working days, issue the party(s) with a written decision based on his or her investigation of the issue(s).
- If the party(s) is not satisfied with the results of Section (d), he or she may make a written appeal to the Superintendent of Schools, School District #62 (Sooke). This written appeal must be made within four weeks of receiving the written decision of the Principal, or designate.
Parking and Permits
WestShore Centre has implemented a parking policy for all part-time and full-time students that require permits placed on all vehicles. Please see the office for a parking application and instructions at the Goldstream Campus.
You should receive your Parking Permit at registration or when you receive this Information Book. If you have NOT received a Parking Permit, please ask at the front office.
There are no fees for parking permits.
The following may result in dismissal from your course or program.
- Absenteeism for longer than three (3) consecutive days without informing the school, WestShore Centre for Learning & Training (WCLT) in person or in writing, of reason and making arrangements with office or instructor to complete missed work will result in withdrawal from the course/ program.
- Cheating or plagiarism
- Physical abuse of WCLT or School District 62 property
- Theft or non-accidental damage to WCLT or School District 62 property
- Behaviour displaying insubordination, refusal to cooperate with instructors and schedules
- The use of alcohol or nonprescription drugs is prohibited while in attendance at the institution
- Flagrant disrespect of WCLT rules of conduct and policies.